Tuesday 12 December 2017

Generation Zed - Day 5 - Gangsters Paradise - Part 1 - Macca!!!



Running across the street Knuckles reaches the door of the 7-11 first. He shoulder charges through only to see a Elroy Carter standing there with a double barrelled 12 gauge shotgun aimed directly at his chest.
Knuckles talks first, “Easy there Elroy. Whatca doin here? You seen Montreal or Grimm? We’re looking to fix some hurt on those muthas. Com’on, give us a hand.”
Jonsie and Macca fly into the room but stop dead in their tracks as Elroy redirects the noisy end of the shotgun their way.  
Elroy’s gaze floats back from Jonsie and Macca to Knuckles. He steps from foot to foot, agitated and stressed. “I can’t bez goings anyways now. I gots to getz me some quick cash. Now you be leaving me alone Knuckles.”
Elroy’s trouble with substances had always made him unreliable, at best. Knuckles tries to calm him down, “Alright Elroy. You get your stuff man. We’ll catch you on the next time round.”
Slowly turning towards the door he mutters to the others, “Come on, let’s get out of here. Those two pricks obviously aren’t here.”
Jonsie puts his hand on the door knob in a heartbeat, “You don’t have to tell me twice man. Elroy Carter be no use to us anyways.”
As they leave Knuckles directs them across the street, “Run to The Juliette. I reckon we might find some more of the boys there.”
The Juliette had once been a magnificent building but time had ravaged her beauty. Still, a number of the lads had been known to frequent there including Hammo and Nate.
Rounding the corner of 7-11 they are confronted by a mob of zombies.
Knuckles lowers his big 44. BOOM!!! BOOM!!! And two of the monsters fall.
Jonsie turns to his left and fires at another two shuffling corpses. BAM!!! BAM!!! But his aim is off and he misses both times.
Macca laughs at the anticipation of the fight as he charges the nearest zed. He swings Willie Mays hard but “Conk” the bat harmlessly bounces off the zombie’s head.
The monster lashes out at Macca. His arms flail as he tries to regain his balance, Macca falls to the ground. He hits his head upon the bitumen and is stunned. He groggily looks up at the blood smeared face of the zombie as it leers hungrily at him, but he can do nothing but stare back at the monster.  
The other zombies, seeing the stricken and vulnerable human, rush to join the first. Macca screams as he is overcome and they bite deeply into his flesh and begin to feast.
“Macca!!!” Knuckles shouts, as he sees his friend being torn apart.
Jonsie looses his nerve and, not saying a word, flees.
Knuckles is transfixed to the spot as he watches the zombies devour his former colleague.
To be continued…..


16 comments:

  1. And then there was only one... uh, oh! This doesn't look good for Knuckles. Perhaps he should flee after Jonsie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the combat with Macca was brutal. I rolled 6d6 and all of them were 4+ and then the zed got 3d6 and two of them were under 4. Bye bye Macca at that point.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. Just the right pace to keep me coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it Ed. I'll be home in a couple of days so I should be able to knock out another one then.

      Delete
  3. This is exciting! Can't wait to get one running myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you Trevor. Mate it would be great to hear about your experiences.

      Delete
  4. Epic! Wonderful pictures and sceneries, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Just two more sleeps till the weekend and then I'll get the rest of the scenario played out I reckon. See if Knuckles will make it or get his....

      Delete
  5. Well, that didn't take long! Those gangers are either very unlucky, quite incompetent or a combination of both. So, what's going to happen to the last guy? I'm almost slavering with anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're reasonably competent (Rep 4) but rather one little spurt of unluckiness lead to another and well....we can see where they are up to now.

      Jeez makes me feel lucky about how some of the previous scenarios have played out so far for Amanda and I.

      Delete
  6. Yet another brilliant write up, complete with a perfect example of the sudden twists that ATZ can throw at you :-)
    Your "new" AAR style is really, really effective Tim, and an inspiration to try and improve my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATZ giveth and ATZ taketh away.

      I'm really glad that you're liking it. I've got to do a bit more on the photography I think to try to remove the odd bit of background that sneaks in. I think I need to build a little blind or something that I can move around behind the shots.

      Ohh yeah and I need a bit more street furniture and some more civilian figures and some more zombie figures and some more cars......I think I might be addicted to wargaming...

      Delete
  7. I think you could have done without the Zeds - the scenario is haed enough imo, but it's still a great scenario and knuckles is up against it now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup he looks like he's in deep ka ka doesn't he. Still he's pretty tough. That's a big building for one man to clear that's for sure.

      Delete
  8. This game is brutal! Very cinematic, you just don't know how any encounter is going to play out - loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anthony. I was feeling pretty good for old Knuckles there for a while but then the tables turned on him. I'm looking forward to playing it all out.

    ReplyDelete