SESSION 53P: DAY 23 – THE CAVES OF CHAOS
· Talmark will need to roll a 13 or more to stablise. He rolls a 20 and stablises. He gurgles foamy blood down his chin has he stares up from his prone position, helpless, as he watches the rest of the party battle against the monster.
· Normally the men at arms would need to take a morale check for seeing a party members go down but they didn’t witness the shock of Talmark getting smashed so they won’t have to take one.
· Per lashes out with his master worked glaive, trying to eliminate the threat of the Chief before he too is taken down. “This is for Talmark!” he yells as he attacks the male. His weapon becomes sleek with bright fluids, as whatever he struck inside the monster was filled with gore. He delivers 12pts of damage, killing the chief. He turns the glaive against the female but she dodges his blow. (18/24) (5/11)
· Malandir fires an arrow at the remaining monster but h just misses as she pushes the arrow aside with her morning star. (11/16)
· Kord advances 15ft and prepares to attack the female. Standing over the prone body of Talmark, he swings his heavy mace at her but isn’t able to connect the more experienced warrior. (11/14)
· Lucien hands over the Alchemist Fire to Clovis and the torch to Fremont as he directs Fremont to have the men move up 10ft and toss alchemist fire at any enemies at 10ft distance that may emerge from the door. He then double moves to Talmark’s south and yells “Come for me and taste death, spawn of a dung heap!” hoping to draw the female into attacking him rather than Talmark.
· Barret moves up to support his master and with a double move he is just able to get a flank on the female.
· The female must take two morale checks against a morale of 9 and she rolls 8 and 4 on 2d6 and will continue to fight.
· She attacks 1 = Per, 2 = Kord, 3 = Lucien, 4 Barret, roll = 1 = Per. She turns on Per, the murderer of her chief, and swings her morning star at the warrior and, contorting to avoid a counter attack, she snaps her weapon into her enemy delivering 8pts of damage. (11/16)
· Malandir fires another deadly arrow at the female but misses in the whirling combat. (5/10)
· Barret stabs at her with his long sword and, because of his flanking position, he is able to sneak an attack past her defences as he delivers 10pts of damage. (15/18)
· Per 5ft steps to the west, to give Lucien a flank position, as he attacks the female. An errie snick at the end of his thrust tells him that something vital has been severed in his opponent as he delivers 11pts of damage and the female slumps over dead. (16/24)
AFTER THE BATTLE
Kord pulls his last scroll of Cure Light Wounds and casts it upon Talmark healing him 2pts of damage, not quite making him conscious as he goes from -4 to -2. Looking over Talmark’s body he notices that he has one remaining potion of Cure Light Wounds. Kord pours this down Talmark’s throat healing him a further 3pts of damage taking him from -2 to +1, conscious again but not too strong.
The party starts to search the room……..