SESSION 33c: DAY 14 – BURG LIECHENSTEIN TO CRAGMAW CAVES
· Barret will need to roll an 18 to stablise. He rolls a 10 and bleeds out another point.
· Fremont will need to take a morale check as last round was the first time he was wounded in this combat. He’ll need to roll anything but a 1. He rolls a 12 and will continue in the fight.
· Lucien yells “Well done Clovis. Tend to and protect Barret. We’ll finish the beast.” Clovis attempts to stablise Barret. It’s a Heal skill check to apply First Aid and is a DC 15. He has no skill and no wisdom modifier so he’ll need to roll a 15. He rolls a 12 and fails. Barret continues to bleed (he is currently -10, if he reaches -12 he will die).
· Fremont is in a perilous state. He knows that if he is attacked again by the lion he’ll likely become unconscious at least but will probably be killed. He takes one last stab at the lion, which he misses, and takes a 5ft step to the north to move to relative safety.
· Malandir curses the lions, believing them to be somehow protected from ranged attacks, both of his arrows have gone astray!. He takes his opportunity to fire relatively unimpeded as Fremont clears the fight. He lets another arrow at the monster but again misses the lion. He doesn’t expect much from the archery of the men at arms, or even Lucien, but he is concerned when HIS arrows don’t find their mark. After all he inflicted every wound that lead to the killing of the ogre after it smashed down several party members and now feels that he has a lot to live up to. He looks over his shoulder to the almost finished master crafted long bow slung on his back. Only a few more days and it’ll be ready.
· Talmark 5ft steps to the north east to take up a flanking position opposite Kord and swings Felldrac upon the lion but misses.
· Lucien drops his crossbow and readies his spear and moves down on the flank of Talmark and attacks the lion. He’s got the beast flanked against the efforts of Kord. He stabs at the monster and hits it in the right thigh for 2pts of damage.
· Kord swings his heavy mace and hits the lion in the rump for 6pts of damage. The monster is still up but very close to being killed.
· The lion decides to attack: 1-2 Lucien, 3-4 Talmark, 5-6 Kord. Roll = 3 = Talmark. The lion turns and bites Talmark on the head. At the last second Talmark turns his helmet towards the beast and avoids the worse of the damage and only takes 6pts. It lashes out at him with its two paws and hits him one more time, this time in the stomach. It’s a nasty wound, passing through his armour and delivering another 6pts of damage.
· Kords mirror image disappears.
· Barret will need to roll a 19 to stablise. He rolls a 5 and bleeds out another point.
· Fremont rushes to help Clovis to stablise Barret. He attempts to Aid Another and will need to roll a 10 to help. He rolls an 11 and renders valuable assistance. Clovis will now need to roll a 13 to stablise Barret. He rolls a 15 and Barret is stabilised.
· Talmark attempts to bring down Felldrac on the vicious lion. The big, two handed sword smashes into to the stomach of his opponent, practically disemboweling it as he delivers 11pts of damage. Fatally wounded, the beast falls to the ground and bleeds out.
AFTER THE FIGHT
Kord has memorised one Cure Light Wound spell for the day and he immediately moves to Per and casts it and heals back 9pts of damage. Per wakes, now on 5hp.
With a number of the party heavily wounded they quickly skin the big cats and make their way to the relative sanctuary of Cragmaw Cave.
They arrive to see that nothing has disturbed their abode since they had left it a few days ago and they settle in to rest and restore their strength. They post Clovis on first watch at the gate and Malandir takes first watch at the gate over watch position.
Whilst they have no more healing between them today (without using consumables) Lucien and Kord can cast 5 cure light wounds between them per day. They estimate it’ll take two full days to completely heal up the party and they resolve to rest till the 16th and to head back to the Caves of Chaos on the 17th.
DM’s Note – So on the 16th it will have been a week of mundane crafting. So far, I’ve got noted that Malandir was working on his master crafted long bow which will cost him 150gp (ie ½ the normal price of master crafting which is 300gp). Lucien what did you mundanely craft during the week? As for magical crafting (ie scrolls and potions) the party won’t have any spare spell slots except for domain spells as they will have used the others healing the party. Lucien may be able to do something though with his new alchemist skills. Again, please let me know. Per, you’ll be able to start master crafting a bow from the 16th and, should you have enough funds, it’ll be complete on the 23rd.
The party already does have a number of consumables to hand. See the register below.